Wednesday, January 12, 2022

I Sought to Find Where the Deity Lives

 

I sought to find where the deity lives

It wasn't far yet rather remote.

She invited me in to be with her

And shyly she showed me three robes.


The first one was of red jacaranda,

a cloak for the wind and the weather.

The second was made from the feathers of doves,

pastel in hue and blue like flowing water.


The last of the three which the deity revealed

was purest white wool and so smooth of weave,

She allowed me to feel how soft this robe was

perfect and sewn without seams.


Then she laid her cloak over my shoulders

and let me return from where I had come.

Since then I am robed in her protection

and bloom like the red jacaranda.



Maria de Groot,

Dutch Poet & Theologian

Translation by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment