Thursday, July 20, 2023

The Mirror of Your Soul

 


The Mirror of Your Soul


In the everlasting heartbeat of life

there and even deeper

we are one, indivisible,

inseparable


Standing on my shore

gazing out over my surface

you see into the mirror

of your own soul


You are so weary of the storms

that have torn through your life

so let my tides carry you

to the deepest depths

of your existence


Until you remember once more

that you and I are one

for you yourself are the ocean

and I, your eternal Mother.





Image:  me at the Oregon Coast near Neskowin, 2016 © Deborah Wright, photographer


2 comments:

  1. So very moving, Emma. As you so powerfully express it here, we all of us are both the one who is reflected and the reflection itself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest Emma, your words, your beautiful words, astound me and take me away into the sea. So deep into the ocean that perhaps there may be no return ever. Truly a place I have been before and a place I will be again. Eternal Mother's tides will guide me home and bring me the peace that I have yet to experience in this life on Earth. She will take hand, take my heart and take my soul to where I will rememer we are inseparable......we are one. Thank you for such beauty in your poem Emma and this photograph I had the honor to take of you will remain a part of what I remember and will always hold dear to my soul.

    ReplyDelete